June 1, 2015

The Crate


In our kids room, the TV sat on a nightstand but was too low for all to see.  I wanted to raise it up and used a new wood crate I bought before we moved.  Since the crate was heavy, I decided that it would be perfect to put the TV on.  I went to Michael's to get more red paint and brushes.  I also found a small piece of wood to add a shelf in the middle.  And now my project began...

I picked red for the base color and white for the exterior.  I have never used crackle effects before, so this was a new experience for me.

I painted the crate and shelf red.  After it dried, I applied the crackle effect.

After the crackle dried, I painted a couple of coats of white. 

Not bad for my first attempt.


This is the end result.  I love how it came out.  It looks great in the kids room.

No comments:

Post a Comment